How to get paid in Bitcoin? We got lots of ways for you!
Buying Bitcoin may not be the best option for most people due to high commissions. It’s why getting paid in Bitcoin is a better idea. In this article, we are talking about ways to get paid in Bitcoin instead of fiat money.
#1 Get Your Salary in Bitcoin
You should consider getting paid in Bitcoin instead of fiat money for your full-time/part-time job. While Bitcoin payroll systems aren’t as standard as fiat ones, several firms worldwide provide their employees with an option to get paid in cryptocurrency tokens.
For instance, GMO Group, an internet company headquartered in Japan, houses 4000+ employees. These employees have an option to receive their salaries in popular cryptocurrencies. While it is only an example, we cannot understate the growth of Bitcoin payroll service providers. These intermediary companies allow organizations to set up their payroll system around the Bitcoin ecosystem.
Such services offer more than paying the salary in Bitcoin, though. For instance, organizations can use the same service to accept online and invoice payments in Bitcoin. In recent years, we have also seen the existing payroll service providers adopting cryptocurrency payment options. Therefore, before you consider passive methods to earn Bitcoin, you can ask your organization if they pay their employees in Bitcoin.
This way, you can benefit from cryptocurrency transactions without burning a hole in your pocket due to commission fees.
#2 Get Paid for Work in Bitcoin
Many organizations may have trouble moving to a BTC-based payroll system due to regulatory concerns. As you may be aware, most governments worldwide don’t consider Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies as legal tender. However, the same organizations may offer you payments in Bitcoin to freelancers. So, if you cannot get your salary paid in Bitcoin, the next best option is finding a job that pays in Bitcoin.
Finding projects that pay you in Bitcoin isn’t as difficult as you may think. You can use sites like CryptoJobs to discover full-time, one-time, and freelance projects that give you Bitcoin payment. Cryptogrind is another platform where freelancers can find work that pays in Bitcoin and vice versa. These sites offer an option to sort through offers from across the world.
Depending on how much time you have, you can choose a freelance, part-time work that pays in Bitcoin. In many cases, these projects have something to deal with cryptocurrencies, blockchain, and development. Several websites claim to offer Bitcoin for completing microtasks, but they are not as reliable as the ones we have listed.
#3 Accept Bitcoin Payments on Your Business
If you own an online or offline business, you can accept Bitcoin as payment. We have a couple of ways to explore.
- If you have a website, you can easily place a Bitcoin donation button and link that lead to your wallet. You can use cryptocurrency payment gateways like NOWPayments to make this possible. They use robust APIs to smoothen the payment process. As long as they are customers willing to pay using Bitcoin, a setup will bring you constant income in BTC.
- Setting up a Bitcoin payment system in an offline store is even easier. You don’t need an intermediary to make this possible. Instead, you can place the QR code to scan and pay for your services/products. In this case, you don’t have to be concerned about transaction fees or taxes, either.
If your business is located in an area with people who use Bitcoin for everyday transactions, any of the two methods can help you earn a fair amount of BTC without having to pay commission fees. However, you should find an effective way to confirm the transactions to avoid payment delays.
Continue reading in the NOWPayments blog!
Why use NOWPayments.io?
NOWPayments is the easiest way to accept online payments in a wide variety of cryptocurrencies. This service is custody-free, has competitive fees and is available worldwide.
- Over 50 cryptocurrencies are accepted on the platform with an in-built exchange feature;
- API, widgets, plugins and a donation button are all easy to integrate;
- It is a non-custodial service ensuring the security of your funds;
- A very simple setup