Monero is a cryptocurrency that provides one of the most important cryptocurrency benefits: secure and confidential transactions. Using such advanced privacy features as stealth addresses, ring signatures, and ring confidential transactions caused so immense popularity to Monero cryptocurrency among investors, that more and more companies started to accept Monero payments. If the sort of matters like “Where can I pay with Monero?” or “What can I buy with Monero” interests you, let’s explore them!
How to receive Monero payment?
To receive Monero (XMR) payments with the GUI wallet:
- Go to the ‘Receive’ page;
- Generate or select the existing Monero payment address where the payer can send funds to. Every generated address comes with its unique QR code. You can generate as many addresses (subaddresses) as you need.
- If you want to detail the received amount, go to the ‘Merchant’ page;
- Insert the amount to receive;
- Provide the payer with the address composed by numbers and letters or with QR code the person has to scan on their phone;
- Tick the ‘enable sales tracker’ to track the payment in real-time;
- Wait for the funds’ receipt. You also need at least 10 confirmations before you can spend the received assets.
- Receive your XMR.
You can use the Open Source BTC and Monero CakeWallet. As stated on the site, it was “the first open source Monero wallet on IOS in 2018”. Just recently, this month (February 2021), they added support of BTC.
You can check various Monero wallets here.
Monero Payment Processors
These are decentralized payment platforms enabling merchants to process XMR transactions via Monero payment gateway while incurring lower costs because of fewer intermediaries involved. Monero XMR payment processors automate and coordinate all Monero holders transactions, working on the behalf of holders’ wallets to integrate XMR payments with other required systems.
Open-Source Payment Processors
FOSS (Free and Open-Source Software) payment processors are more private, don’t have additional fees and Terms of Service (ToS) restrictions. Open-source gateways allow users to fully customize the code for their needs.
#1 Monero Integrations
Monero Integrations is a payment processor aimed to avoid third parties. The Monero integration payment gateways use Monero-wallet-RPC (a command-line application that enables HTTP-based requests to interact with a Monero wallet) to get the integrated address and check payment confirmation.
Kasisto is a self-hosted point of sale payment system to accept Monero cryptocurrency with no third parties involved. To make fast confirmations (within seconds) Kasisto accepts unconfirmed transactions.
Payment Processor Services
Third-party services provide access to customer/technical support, often add apps and control panels designed for merchants, they are simpler to set up and maintain, but at the cost of increased fees and decreased privacy.
You can check payment gateways that help merchants accept Monero on XMR-related sites, like here.
Businesses that accept Monero
Continue reading in the NOWPayments blog!
Why use NOWPayments.io?
NOWPayments is the easiest way to accept online payments in a wide variety of cryptocurrencies. This service is custody-free, has competitive fees and is available worldwide.
- Over 50 cryptocurrencies are accepted on the platform with an in-built exchange feature;
- API, widgets, plugins and a donation button are all easy to integrate;
- It is a non-custodial service ensuring the security of your funds;
- A very simple setup